Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Triple J hottest 100

Wow, what a great achievement Triple J's Hottest 100 was this year... 44 tunes in the list were Australian! 7 of these Aussie tunes were voted into the top ten! Plus, I think the list was compiled from something like 1.3 Million votes!

The top 10 are:


#10: Hilltop Hoods - I Love It {Ft. Sia}
#9: The Jezabels - Endless Summer
#8: 360 - Boys Like You {Ft. Gossling}
#7: San Cisco - Awkward
#6: Lana Del Rey - Video Games
#5: M83 - Midnight City
#4: Boy & Bear - Feeding Line
#3: Matt Corby - Brother
#2: The Black Keys - Lonely Boy
#1: Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know {Ft. Kimbra}

Here are a few clips of songs from the List. Their placing in this years Hottest 100 precedes the artist and song info. If you only have time to check out one tune..go straight to #6: Lana Del Rey - Video Games!


#92: James Blake - The Wilhelm Scream. This is a great live version from Jools Holland's show. If you like interesting electronic music that has a sense of soul... check this out and get lost in the sound.



#85: Cosmo Jarvis - Gay Pirates. Yes you read right... GAY Pirates!



#82: Little Dragon - Ritual Union

#77: Metronomy - The Look


#44: Hermitude - Speak Of The Devil

#23: Emma Louise - Jungle. Aussie artist  from Triple J Unearthed



#7: San Cisco - Awkward.
Aussie artists From Triple J Unearthed.



#6: Lana Del Rey - Video Games.
This song is so beautiful. If you haven't heard it yet, give it a listen.



#5: M83 - Midnight City.
Is that a sax solo and why does the solo remind me of the film 'The lost boys'?

 


#2: The Black Keys - Lonely Boy

#1: Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know {Ft. Kimbra} 
An Aussie number 1!

2 comments:

  1. OMG do you know I downloaded the M83 album and was listeneing to it and I listened to Midnight city and totally thought the same thing, it reminds me of the lost boys movie, well the music. I think there is a scene where they are at the fair when Michael meets Summer I think her name is and there is a band and there is a sax solo!! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) Glad it wasn't just me that felt the 'lost boys vibe'... and hey, you got that scene I had in my head down pat! That crazy muscular sax guy soloing at the fair!

      Delete